The association statutes require that every member of the ATEA satisfies all the following conditions:
- The member holds a masters in actuarial science or equivalent.
- The member has practiced as an actuary for 5 years at least inside an actuarial consultancy company or an insurance company or a social security organisation.
- The member is a Tunisian national or has a residence card in Tunisia.
- The member has accepted the statutes and the rules of procedure of the association.
- The member has paid all due membership fees.
- The member is not in a situation of personal bankruptcy or having been the subject of judgment.
Students and newly employed actuaries who do not meet all the above criteria can still join the ATEA as trainee members.
All membership applications are subject to the approval of a membership commitee appointed by the executive board.
Membership fees amount to 250 TND per year.
Trainee members are exempted from paying any membership fees and have no voting right.